The U.S. Agency for Global Media and Aspen Digital, a program of the Aspen Institute, are proud to present the first panel discussion in USAGM’s 2021 Media for Democracy Forum.
This event is moderated by Vivian Schiller, Executive Director of Aspen Digital, and Shawn Powers, Chief Strategy Officer for USAGM, and focuses on the rapid evolution of disinformation in the digital age, and how it is impacting democracy around the world.
We are joined by:
- Naresh Fernandes, Editor, Scroll.in; Former Editor-in-Chief, Time Out India
- Christopher Krebs, Former Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency; Senior Newmark Fellow in Cybersecurity Policy, Aspen Digital
- Peter Pomerantsev, Author, “This is Not Propaganda – Adventures in the War Against Reality”; Senior Fellow, Agora Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Maria Ressa, Co-founder & CEO, Rappler
- Daisy Sindelar, Vice President & Editor in Chief, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL)