Session on today’s Supreme Court decision to run from 5:15pm MT / 7:15pm ET with public health and legal experts
Contact: Jon Purves
Associate Director, Media Relations
The Aspen Institute
Aspen, CO, June 24, 2022— Aspen Ideas: Health has added a breaking news session today on the impact of today’s Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade. The session will be available to view via livestream here from 5:15pm MT / 7:15pm ET to 6:30pm MT/8:30pm ET.
Today, the US Supreme Court overturned the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, ending nearly 50 years of the constitutional right to abortion and sending the decision on whether to ban, restrict, or protect abortion back to the states. Public health and legal experts will discuss the implications of this controversial decision including how abortion access will change under state laws, what this means for women and people seeking reproductive healthcare, and the potential impact of the decision on other privacy related matters.
- Steve Vladeck, Charles Alan Wright Chair in Federal Courts, University of Texas School of Law
- Paula Johnson, President, Wellesley College
- Katie Keith, Director, Health Policy and the Law Initiative and Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Ashley Kirzinger, Director, Survey Methodology, and Associate Director, Public Opinion and Survey Research, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Alina Salganicoff, Senior Vice President and Director, Women’s Health Policy, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Linda Villarosa, Contributing Writer, The New York Times Magazine
- Elizabeth Cohen, Senior Medical Correspondent, CNN
More Information: Visit https://www.aspenideas.org/sessions/breaking-news-session-the-impact-of-roe-v-wade-overturned for updates on this session and the embedded livesteam link. The direct YouTube livestream link is also available here: https://youtu.be/kjqDVkAhXKI
Editor’s Note: Networks intending to broadcast this event should contact email@example.com for permissions. Please credit “Aspen Ideas: Health” in any coverage of this event.
Aspen Ideas: Health takes place from June 22-25, with more than 160 leaders and innovators spanning health, medicine, science, business, culture, and more gathering in the Rocky Mountains alongside fellows and members of the public to engage with urgent health challenges, cutting-edge innovations in medicine and science, and pathways towards better health for all, delivered with media partner NBCUniversal News Group.
Presenting underwriters for Aspen Ideas: Health 2022 are BlueCross BlueShield Association, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Johnson & Johnson, Mount Sinai Health System, Novavax, and Pfizer. Supporting underwriters are Abbott, American Hospital Association, CDC Foundation, The Commonwealth Fund, Envision Healthcare, Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, and Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA).