More than 300 speakers will participate in the Festival, taking place June 24-30
Contact: Jon Purves
Associate Director, Media Relations
The Aspen Institute
Washington, DC and Aspen, CO, May 19, 2023 — Leaders from the private sector, including CEOs, investors, technologists, and business innovators, are among the speakers attending the Aspen Ideas Festival this summer. The Aspen Institute’s signature summer festival returns to Colorado in partnership with NBCUniversal News Group, with more than 300 speakers and thousands of attendees set to participate.
The Aspen Ideas Festival runs from June 24-June 30, 2023; passes to attend are available now, and members of the media are invited to request credentials here.
Business and finance leaders will engage in deep discussion on an expansive range of topics, including questions about sustaining growth in a rapidly changing economy, harnessing the power of artificial intelligence to benefit society, the latest innovations driving sustainability, and more. Among those attending:
- Mary Barra, Chair and CEO, General Motors
- Chip Bergh, President and CEO, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Joseph Briggs, Economist, Goldman Sachs
- Cesar Conde, Chairman, NBCUniversal News Group
- Kenneth L. Davis, MD – CEO of Mount Sinai Health System
- Rob Falzon, Vice Chair, Prudential Financial
- Andreas Forsland, Founder, CEO, and Chief Product Officer, Cognixion
- Jendayi Frazer, President and CEO, 50 Ventures
- Ryan Gellert, CEO, Patagonia
- Lisa Gevelber, Founder, Grow with Google
- Shane Grant, Group Deputy CEO, CEO of the Americas, and executive vice president, Danone
- Lila Ibrahim, Chief Operating Officer, DeepMind
- Broderick Johnson, Executive Vice President, Public Policy and Digital Equity, Comcast
- Don Katz, Founder, Audible
- Mike Kohler, Managing Director, Deloitte Tax
- Dave Limp, Senior Vice President, Devices and Services, Amazon.com
- Patrice Louvet, President and CEO, Ralph Lauren Corporation
- James Manyika, Senior Vice President of Research, Technology, and Society, Google/Alphabet; Chairman Emeritus, McKinsey Global Institute
- Frank McCourt, Executive Chairman and Former CEO, McCourt Global; Founder, Project Liberty
- John Mennel, Managing Director, Monitor Deloitte
- Christina Montgomery, Vice President and Chief Privacy & Trust Officer, IBM
- Jessica Orkin, CEO, SYPartners
- Dina Powell McCormick, Global Head of Sustainability and Inclusive Growth, Goldman Sachs
- Lata Reddy, Senior Vice President of Inclusive Solutions, Prudential Financial; Chair, The Prudential Foundation
- David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of The Carlyle Group
- Charlie Scharf, President and CEO, Wells Fargo
- Eric Schmidt, co-founder, Schmidt Futures; former CEO, Google
- Angela Williams, CEO, United Way
- Tom Wilson, Chair, President, and CEO, The Allstate Corporation
- Dalila Wilson-Scott, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, Comcast Corporation; President, Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation
- Mike Wirth, Chairman and CEO, Chevron Corporation
Many business leaders attending will be interviewed by leading journalists from CNBC, including Squawk Box anchor Andrew Ross Sorkin and The Exchange anchor Kelly Evans, as part of the Festival’s partnership with NBCUniversal News Group.
Speakers will continue to be announced in the coming weeks. More than 300 are ultimately set to attend, including leaders and innovators in policymaking, the arts, science, education, and more. A complete list of speakers confirmed to date is available here.
Presenting Underwriters for the 2023 Aspen Ideas Festival are Allstate, Amazon, Comcast NBCUniversal, Danone, Deloitte, Mount Sinai Health System, Walton Family Foundation, Wells Fargo, and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. Supporting Underwriters are Google, IBM, Meta, Prudential Financial, and Ralph Lauren.
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Founded in 1949, the Institute drives change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most important challenges facing the United States and the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.
NBCUniversal News Group – comprised of NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC – is the #1 most-watched news organization in the U.S., reaching more Americans across linear television and digital than any other news organization in the world. Seven out of 10 U.S. adults access NBCU News Group content each month, averaging over 175 million people per month. NBC News’ leading and award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC. MSNBC is the #2 network across all of cable delivering breaking news, award-winning content, in-depth analysis and informed perspectives. CNBC is the world’s #1 business news source providing real-time financial market coverage, news-making interviews with top CEOs and award-winning business journalism and personal finance content. Across digital, NBCU News Group is the #1 news organization in the U.S. with over 130 million monthly users. It includes the fastest-growing streaming news network in the U.S., NBC News NOW, offering viewers best-in-class reporting and breaking news from the country’s most-trusted journalists, as well as streaming networks TODAY All Day, Dateline 24/7 and MSNBC on Peacock. Additionally, the organization’s award-winning audio unit is a top five podcast publisher in the U.S. and NBC News’ Stay Tuned, a first-of-its-kind social newscast, is the premier destination for the Gen Z audience.
The NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, is owned by Comcast Corporation. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit www.NBCUniversal.com.