On May 19-21, 2022, Aspen Institute España collaborated with the Aspen Institute’s Energy & Environment and Business & Society Programs to host two roundtable discussions on Fighting the Climate Emergency and Markets & States: Leading for the Common Good.
The seminar was focused around five key areas: technological innovation, climate change, finance and economy, energy transition and geopolitics, and the future of democracy. The discussions focused on what social, economic, and political changes are needed to create
a fairer and more sustainable society, and how to achieve them.
- Beatriz Yordi, Director of European and International Carbon Markets, European Commission, Directorate-General for Climate Action
- María Ortiz Pérez, Director of the Energy & Environment Program at the Aspen Institute
- Iván Martén, President of Orkestra Instituto Vasco de Competitividad and Trustee of Aspen Institute España
- Gustavo Lopetegui, former Secretary of Energy of Argentina
- Christie Warren, Professor of the Practice of International and Comparative Law and Director of the Comparative Legal Studies and Peacebuilding Programme at William & Mary Law School
- Judy Samuelson, Founder and Executive Director of the Business & Society Program at the Aspen Institute and author of Six New Rules of Business: Creating Real Value in a Changing World
- Antoni Ballabriga, Global Director of Responsible Business at BBVA
- Hugo Dixon, journalist, President and Co-Founder of Breakingviews, former editor of the Lex column of the Financial Times