All of the Above
Asset type: Creative suite; supports intuitive recognition of social, emotional, and academic development goals
Purpose: This series of multiple choice options is a clever play on the standardized test format, intended to underscore the importance of the array of skills and competencies that are a part of all learning and development. The series reinforces everything that families, educators and students themselves understand about the intertwining of social, emotional, and academic factors in success at every stage of a young person’s life. In both imagery and language, this series is deliberately provocative, with a slightly cheeky tone that sets it apart from conventional education messages, appeals to young people, and makes it ideal for visual display at both school and after-school settings and for capturing attention on social media.
Note: InDesign files are available for you to brand as your own, or to swap out customized images of specific schools, programs and young people, with the same text.
Ideas for use by Families and Educators:
- Post in school hallways, the front office, the guidance counselors’ office
- Print and distribute as a brochure (or as part of a brochure), as laminated bookmarks in the library, or as a handout series to families at school events
- Distribute the individual slides via social media as a daily series
- Include a link to these images on digital newsletters and on websites
- Use the ppt files to embed in presentations (at meetings, conferences, and back-to-school presentations)
Suggested text for sharing on social media:
- Learning is all of the above. That’s not an opinion. That’s #HowLearningHappens
- It’s not one thing or another. It’s all of the above. It’s #HowLearningHappens
- Say no to false choices. It’s all of the above. It’s #HowLearningHappens
- No matter the stage, no matter the age. It’s all of the above. It’s #HowLearningHappens